...striving side by side for the faith of the gospel... | Philippians 1:27
We, the Mount Church, exist to display the glory of God's grace in Jesus Christ by proclaiming Him to all peoples for their everlasting joy in God.
The natural question flowing from our vision is, "How are we going to do that?" Our missions provide a summary answer:
- Treasuring Jesus Christ. (Mk 14:6-7; Lk 7:38-47, 14:26, 18:22; Jn 20:28; Col 1:18, Rev 2:4, etc)
- Cultivating His community. (Acts 2:42-47; 1 Cor 3, etc)
- Embracing His commission (Mt 28:16-20, etc)
But wait, there's more! In looking at our missions, we have identified some key markers, key values, that we as a body and as disciples of Jesus are going to commit to.
We will practice treasuring Jesus Christ by prayerfully:
- Preaching all God’s Word (John 1:1; 2 Tim 3:16-4:2, etc).
- Proclaiming Jesus as God’s Christ (Lk 24:25-27, 44-49; Col 1:28, etc).
- Practicing Christian discipleship (Rom 8:29; Gal 4:19; Phil 1:27; Col 1:28).
- Preparing to persevere in faithfulness to Jesus (Lk 14:25-35).
- Prioritizing the spiritual health of Jesus’ people (Mt 25:40; Jn 13:34; Acts 9:4; Phil 2:20-21, etc)
We will commit to cultivating His community by prayerfully:
- Training and appointing biblically qualified officers (1 Tim 3:1-13, etc).
- Maintaining a meaningful Christian membership (Lk 8:21, etc).
- Equipping every member for Gospel ministry (Eph 4:11-16).
- Emphasizing Christian hospitality (1 Pet 4:9).
- Engaging in biblical counseling (1 Thes 5:14, etc).
- Applying biblical gender roles (Gen 2:18-25; Eph 5:22-33; 1 Pet 3:1-7, etc).
- Encouraging family worship (Eph 6:1-4; 2 Tim 1:5, etc).
- investing in the next generation (Eph 6:1-4, etc).
Finally, we will commend embracing His commission by prayerfully:
- Saturating our gatherings with the Gospel (1 Cor 14:24-25, etc).
- Sharing the Gospel from Central-Clemson to the ends of the earth (Mt 28:16-20).
- Showing the Gospel in our lives (Mt 5:13-16; Jn 17:16-19, etc).
- Seeking Gospel-unity in a diverse membership (Acts 13:1; Gal 2:14, 3:28, etc).
- Providing ministries of mercy (Gal 6:10, etc).
- Partnering with other Gospel churches (Rom 16:26; 1 Cor 16:19, etc).
- Raising up cross-cultural missionaries (Acts 1:4-8, etc).